Chivda


Cornflakes Chivda (Savoury Mix) 


Indian snack with cornflakes and dry fruits.


Had a lot of peanuts that I bought to try out a recipe and was finding ways to use them in some recipe. I personally do not like it ground in my food preparations and at the same time the Chivda or savoury mix that we find in most of the Indian snack stores make me a bit uneasy in the gut as I find it very spicy and too tangy overall.

So, this is my way of preparing this mix without any digestion issues. I finished this mix in two sittings only after work and with the TV in front of me. Enjoyed it so much that couldn't share it with anyone! Do try it.

Ingredients:

Raw peanuts - 1 - 2 cups (not the readymade salted peanuts)
cashewnuts - as many as you like or about 1 cup
curry leaves - 3 -4 sprigs
green chilles - cut in 1" pieces (optional, I didn't add them)
cornflakes (plain) - 2 cups
salt - to taste
chilli powder - to taste or about 1 tsp
chaat masala - (optional) I didn't use as I do not like the taste in the mix
fennel seeds - (optional) 1 tsp.

Method:

Take about 2 tbsp. of oil in a deep pan. Once it's hot, add curry leaves and at this stage you can add 1 tsp of crushed fennel seeds. I didn't add any in this recipe. Once the curry leaves are fried, remove them out on a plate. If using green chilles, fry them until they turn whitish and crisp.
To the same pan, add the cornflakes and toss for about a minute until slightly crisp. Remove them in the same plate or colander. Colander is better as they won't turn soft.
Fry the peanuts, followed the the cashewnuts separately and add them to the same colander.
Now take a small bowl and mix 1 tsp. chilli powder, 1 tsp. salt and if using chaat masala. Mix the dry powders well and sprinkle over the mix.
Store in an airtight container.
* Add the beetroot Sev last. Recipe link here:
https://munchersden.blogspot.com/2019/12/sev-healthy-snacks-ingredients-chickpea.html







     

Comments

  1. Tried out this recipe
    Superb very easy to follow
    Great snack
    Family loved it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment